Stolen, Lost, Changes

Change Of Address

You are required by law to change the address on your licence or ID within 14 days of moving. This must be done in person at the registry. Please bring one supporting piece of ID. The fee for printing a new card is $22.45.

Card Replacement

If your licence or ID has been lost, stolen or destroyed, you may apply for a new card in person. You will be required to prove your identity, so please bring at least one other piece of ID, but preferrably as many as you can.

Acceptable Proof:

  • passport
  • birth or marriage certificate
  • Alberta Health Care card
  • citizenship or permanent residency card, work permit
  • mail with your name and address (e.g. pay stub, bank statement, credit card statement, utility bill, etc.)

Unacceptable Proof:

  • Costco card and other membership cards
  • student ID
  • business cards
  • credit card or bank card